Saturday, September 21, 2013

Fanterview: Krislyn

Krislyn
Name: Krislyn

What do you for work in real life?
Yoga Teacher and Artist

What is your favorite food?
Organic real food

Favorite movies?
Solaris (newer one), Spirited Away, The Fountain. Not a huge movie watcher.

Any big events in your life this year you want to give a shout out about?
My husband and I did two huge bike rides this year and going to do a third at the end of September. The first was supporting the American Lung Assoc. for 55 miles, the second was 62 miles organized by GEARS and the final one is for 75 miles supporting developmentally disabled adults.

How did you first hear about Missing Worlds Media (MWM) and their first MMO project?
My husband read about it in an article and then I looked it up on Kickstarter, but of course that wasn’t going yet. I found you guys on Facebook so I could keep up with when the Kickstarter was going to start and so I can follow how the game progresses.

Why do you think people should support the Kickstarter campaign for MWM’s first MMO project?
I thought about this one long and hard before I decided to support your project. I don’t have a lot of funds available so what I have I want to go to help good organizations and ideas. I finally decided that why I was really excited about this project was this:

You are doing it right. The idea isn’t to create a game for online gamers because you want to make money and if you aren’t making enough money you will shut it down and move on. Instead, the idea is to get some money together so you can create a project you believe in and want to create. It’s a subtle difference but it really does make all the difference in the world. I am an artist (not comic at all) so I want to support other artists to do what they love to do.

You guys are Superheroes

What is it that attracts you to the Superhero genre?
There is a lot of wrong in this world and a lot of people who think they have the answer and if they just force others to their way everything will be better. Super heroes represent for me the other end of the scale where even if you think the world would be better if you killed that bad person you don’t because its wrong. We could all use a little super hero in our lives.

Also, I always wanted to fly!

What do you think defines a hero (or a villain?)
If you take that step over the line you are a villain. That line is different for each individual but generally murder (not in defense) is that line. However, I always really liked the redeemed villain hero type.

If you had them, do you think having super powers would be a blessing or a burden?
That’s a hard one. I want to say blessing. My first thought is maybe one of my powers would be the ability to fly. That would be pretty darn cool. My second thought is I don’t think violence solves anything so… controller powers would be neat but I definitely see the benefit in a secret identity. It’s pretty nice just being me too.

Have you witnessed any acts of heroism lately that have inspired you?
Yes. I had the honor to go see/hear the Dalai Lama in person. His answer to almost everything that ails use was love yourself and then love others. Aung San Suu Kyi, because she is so brave and patient for the people of Myanmar. Malala Yousafzai, the 15 year old girl who survived a terrorist attack and now uses truth as her super power. My husband when he gives blood and rides his bike to work everyday even in a snowstorm because its good for the environment.

You guys too! Creating something important to you even though its hard. Heroes abound!

What is your favorite quote?
“Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, and does it improve on the silence.” - Sri Sathya Sai Baba

No comments:

Post a Comment