Friday, September 27, 2013

Fanterview: Shane

Shane and an unidentified Caucasian female
with hair and teeth.
Name: Shane
My main, my global and my Dad’s nickname for me is Mr. Shane.  I was named after the movie from the 50’s (The main character didn’t have a last name so everyone called him “Mr. Shane”.

What do you for work in real life?
 Police Officer in training

What is your favorite food? 
Just one? lol  Probably cheeseburgers off the grill.

Favorite movies?  
Ghostbusters is my all time favorite.  I’ve always been a D.C. comics fan and I love superhero movies.

Any special hobbies or interests? 
Playing CoH was my hobby.

I also am a league bowler with a 208 average, I like to run, I have a pretty nice comic book collection started and I like to read.

Any big events in your life this year you want to give a shout out about? 
I am graduating from the WV state police academy on Nov. 1st and I’ll be a full fledged patrolman in my hometown.

How did you first hear about Missing Worlds Media (MWM) and their first MMO project?  
When CoH went under my wife and I both lost a hobby and lot of friends.  I started following the recovery projects on facebook and really liked what I saw from MWM.

What would boundaries do you think MWM can push with their first MMO project?
Being able to use hindsight to look at not just other superhero MMOs but other MMOs in general to see what worked and what didn’t is going to eliminate a lot of trial and error as far as getting the core game ready to go and will allow for the devs to concentrate on new things that haven’t been tried or haven’t been perfected.  Community and ease of use is a huge thing that most other MMOs lack and MWM is addressing those issues right from the start.


Why do you think people should support the Kickstarter campaign for MWM’s first MMO project?
More financial support is going to mean a bigger game and more goodies from the start.  More money means more people and many hands make light work.  The freebies you guys are offering are nice too. ;)

What is your favorite super power and why?
Invulnerability. On of my favorite movie lines is from Rocky II.  Apollo’s manager said “I saw you beat that man the way I ain’t never seen a man get beat...and the man...kept...coming.”  Imagine the look on a criminals face when no matter how hard he hits you, he can’t take you out of the fight.

What other games, including MMO’s, do you play?
The BioShock series is awesome.  BioShock infinite

What makes a game “fun” for you?
I am all about customization.  I can’t stand games, especially MMO’s where I get to create a character that looks like 1000 other characters in the game.  That’s need 1 to  make a game fun for me and a good community is reason 1A.

If you play MMO’s how important is it to have an ingame home?
It’s not that important to me.  I belonged to supergroups and guilds that had big elaborate bases and hideouts but along with those came tons of rules about loot and SG mode.  Some of them were worse to deal with than a bad job.  Ultimately I prefer to make as many friends as possible, regardless of what group they belong to.  I’m always looking for a team to help.

What do you think builds a strong community in an MMO?
Communication.  The more difficult it is to talk to your team, advertise for help, or send a tell, the less likely people will be to do it.  CoH had the best communication system, hands down.  It was easy to chat and easy to put a team together.  The interface system has to be there.  You also need community members that care about the game and the community itself.  If everyone is just after rare loot and xp, the community will suffer and the game will be left to the farmers and PLers.

No comments:

Post a Comment